Friday, September 17, 2010

Free Museum Admission Day







































Does your child have a museum named after them? Mine does. Shannon had fun using an empty bookshelf, filling it with items that tell her story and making a sign and placards. If you visit, you'll learn all about her hobbies, accomplishments and family tree. This has gotten her in the mood to visit, how shall I say it, a more official museum. Lucky for us, the Smithsonian sponsored free museum day is just around the corner.
Next Saturday, September 25, hundreds of museums are offering free admittance to one person, plus a guest. Whatever your interest there’s a museum for you: from The Oz Museum and the World Kite Museum Hall of Fame to the Toy and Miniature Museum and the Museum of Neon Art. Official tickets and a list of all the amazing participating museums can be found on the Smithsonian Museum Day website.

3 comments:

  1. I can't thank you enough for this. I have a 7 year old budding chef who lives in DC and I was going to visit her for her birthday and take her to see Julia Child's Kitchen at the Smithsonian on Saturday.
    I didn't know about this, so thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Wish I could tag along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a link on my Geography/History Carnival. I am going to be spending some time looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete